October 1-6, 2021
2 Spaces Available
Rich in history and culture, Granada is arguably one of Spain’s most compelling cities. Ruled by the Moors for over 800 years, this gem is world famous for its Alhambra Palace, a walled fortress that is one of the country’s most breathtaking pieces of architecture.
Seville, on the other hand, has been voted one of the globe’s Top 10 cities to visit. It’s romantic. It’s passionate. There’s no wonder why it’s the capitol of flamenco and one of the most loved by travelers in Europe. But, wait! Seville has an added bonus….it is very near Sherry wine country.
• Visit to one of Spain’s most prestigious makers of Sherry
• Private guided tours at Granada’s Alhambra, as well as Seville’s magnificent cathedral & Royal Palace (all United Nations World Heritage Sites)
• Foodie experiences including a cooking demonstration, a visit to the best food market & a night of gourmet tapas
• Flamenco show
• Accommodations in deluxe properties in the historical center of both towns
Oct 1, 2021: MAGICAL GRANADA
The palace is filled with enchanting courtyards & gardens
Morning: Those who are coming with Wine-Knows to Mallorca on the pre-trip segment, will arrive late morning by airplane. Others have the morning free (it is strongly advised, however, that you arrive the day before to allow time for adjusting to jet lag, and to avoid any missed connection with the group).
Afternoon: The trip begins with a visit to the spectacular medieval Alhambra Palace. Known for its sophisticated architectural planning and complex Moorish decoration, the palace is a jewel box for all of the senses and one structure you will surely never forget.
Evening: Tonight we’ll dine on the area’s Andalusian specialties…the most famous of which is gazpacho. Grilled meats and seafood will also be featured.
OCT 2: EXPLORING THE MOORISH DISTRICT
Marvelous tapas are the ultimate in grazing
Morning: Today we’ll enjoy a walking tour of the most ancient part of Granada. The old Moorish Quarter has been declared by the United Nations as a cultural World Heritage Site and is now under the protection of UNESCO.
Afternoon: Enjoy this beautiful city on your own. Wander, shop or chill at one of the many sidewalk cafes or wine bars.
Evening: Tonight we’ll feast on tapas and Spain’s superb cava, blanco and tinto wines as we visit Granada’s finest tapas bars.
OCT 3: Wine Country
Dry Sherry is frequently served as an aperitif
Morning: It will be difficult to leave Granada but there’s another charming city that awaits you, Seville! First, however, we’ll travel toward the Mediterranean near the Straits of Gibraltar to visit the legendary area where Sherry is made.
Afternoon: Private tasting at one of Sherry’s most esteemed producers of wine where we’ll learn how sherry’s vinification process differs from regular wine, but we’ll also taste a variety of Sherrys made in different styles for different foods. Late afternoon we’ll check into our hotel in the historical center of Seville.
Evening: Tonight we’ll celebrate at one of the city’s top restaurants.
OCT 4: SENSATIONAL SEVILLE
The cathedral is the world’s largest Gothic church
Morning: Today we’ll head to Seville’s most famous market for a tour with a local chef. Then, with the chef we’ll cook a lunch of regional dishes made from the ingredients purchased.
Afternoon: Next, we have a private tour of the stupendous cathedral. Awe-inspiring in its scale and majesty, this church also houses the tomb of Christopher Columbus.
OCT 5: Royal Palace
A wonderful marriage of Christian & Arabic architecture
Afternoon: Today we’ll have a private tour of the stupendous Alcazar. This palace is one of the oldest royal residences still in use in the world.
Evening: Seville is the birthplace of Flamenco so there’s no better way to commemorate our last night than to dine at a renowned Flamenco theater. Olé!
OCT 6: ADIOS AMIGOS!
A toast good-bye to our new-found friends!
Morning: The tour officially ends after breakfast. Wine-Knows will be happy to assist with post-trip plans.
If you are not traveling with the group from Mallorca it is strongly advised that you arrive a minimum of one day before to avoid any missed connections with the group. (Wine-Knows will be happy to arrange for early arrival accommodations). The tour begins in Granada early afternoon on October 1, 2021
International group airfare has purposefully not been included to allow maximum flexibility in arrival & departure options. You may go early & stay over after the trip concludes.
Our groups are composed of people from diverse occupations, singles & couples, men & women, a mix of young & old, well-seasoned international travelers as well as novices. All have a common interest in food & wine. The majority of participants on our tours are repeat clients or their referrals. In addition, each tour participant is a non-smoker.
The following accommodations will be used for this tour:
Luxurious & atmospheric 5 star historical convent. Located in the epicenter of Granada only a few minute’s walk from the cathedral, this 16th century property is dotted with intriguing spaces such as stunning cloisters with vaulted ceilings and a grand plant-filled Moorish courtyard. Its rooms, each one unique, have been carefully and meticulously restored. Service is exemplary. There’s even a gym!
14th century mansion owned by King Pedro’s Treasurer. This place is for art-lovers—a treasure-trove art gallery filled with family-owned sculptures, paintings & antiques dating back centuries. Each of the 62 rooms are adorned with period pieces. Located just across from the cathedral, this 4 star charmer offers a rooftop swimming pool & bar with unobstructed panoramas of the cathedral & city.
Dining experiences have been mindfully selected. Dinners will range from sophisticated restaurants to a the best tapas bars. A visit with a chef to Seville’s most famous market has been included, followed by a cooking class.
Participants must in good physical health and be able to keep up with the pace of the group. The tour often requires climbing two or more flights of stairs, walking distances of up to 3/4 mile (1200 meters) at a moderate gait, and negotiating cobble-stone streets and other irregular surfaces including dirt, gravel and/or wet surfaces.
Participants will be required to carry their own hand luggage and personal items. Concerns over any aspect of the tour’s physical requirements should be addressed with Wine Knows before placing the trip deposit.
The tour will be business casual. Both Granada and Seville are replete with cobblestone streets, thus a pair of supportive walking shoes will be essential.
Early October in southern Spain averages 70-80 degrees.
The price is based upon double occupancy. Should you wish to share a room, every attempt will be made to find you a roommate (most of the time we have been quite successful in doing so), however if we are unable to find you a roommate, you will need to pay the single supplement of $795 US.
We have provided free time as detailed in the itinerary. Furthermore, it is not mandatory that you attend all of the planned experiences, although most of our clients do! This is your trip—if you would rather sleep in, shop, or simply chill at the villa then do so!
Yes. We accept payment through PayPal (PayPal.com). Since PayPal charges us a fee, this fee must added to the cost of the trip.
In addition to clients from >20 states in the US, we have had several clients from Europe, Canada, Asia & even New Zealand. Our groups are composed of people from diverse occupations, singles & couples, men & women, a mix of young & old, well-seasoned international travelers as well as a few novices. All have a common interest in food & wine. The majority of participants on our tours are repeat clients or their referrals. In addition, each tour participant is a non-smoker.
Book Before 10/1/19:
Book After 10/1/19:
Oct 1-6, 2021
Those coming to Mallorca will receive a discount, plus airfare to Granada & a transfer to the hotel: $2,487
Non Mallorca travelers: $2,694
Those coming to Mallorca will receive a discount, plus airfare to Granada & a transfer to the hotel: $2,595
Non Mallorca travelers: $2,883
- All activities listed in the itinerary
- Double occupancy accommodations in 4 or 5 star hotels
- Daily breakfast
- 4 dinners & 1 lunch with wine (2 persons share a 750ml bottle of wine, or 2.5 glasses per person of 150 ml each) *
- Transportation between Granada & Seville with a professional driver
- All gratuities
- Airfare to and from Europe
- Personal items (e.g. phone calls, room service, laundry, mini-bar, spa treatments)
- Single room supplement –$795
- Wine over and above the 2.5 glasses of 150 ml each per person
* Individuals are welcome to purchase more wine if they so desire
- A Deposit of $1200.00 US is due at the time of booking.
- A second installment payment of $1000.00 US is due by February 2, 2020.
- The third installment of $1000 is due by November 1, 2020.
- The final payment is due by April 1, 2021.
- There will be a $100.00 US charge for late payments.
- Please make all checks payable to Wine Knows Travel, Inc. Trust Account.
- A non refundable fee of $250.00 US, applies for all cancellations.
- Cancellations received prior to October 1, 2019 will be fully refunded less the cancellation fee.
- A 75% refund of the remaining funds will be made to those who cancel between October 2, 2019 and March 1, 2020.
- A 55 % refund of the remaining funds will be made to those who cancel between March 2, 2020 and November 1, 2020.
- A 25% refund of the remaining funds, if any, will be made to those who cancel between November 2, 2020 and March 1, 2021.
- There are no refunds for cancellations after March 1, 2021.
- Trip cancellation insurance is *strongly recommended* and can be purchased for a nominal premium.
- Cancellation date is determined by the date notice of cancellation is received by Wine Knows Travel Inc. at the place of notice below.
State of California Seller of Travel # 2091232-40